July 28, 2010-
2:30-Doctors appointment. Membranes Stripped.
July 29, 2010-
1:00 am- Laying in bed, feeling a wetness (sorry no other way to explain it) so I go to the restroom. I'm thinking at this point that it could possibly be that my water has broken but I wasn't sure. Eric was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up or call the hospital so I Googled it. Yes, Googled. The website I found said to go lay down for 1/2 hour, get up and if I feel that "wetness" again than it most likely was my water. So I laid down, got up and sure enough it was! I woke up Eric, told him I was going to shower, finished packing and by this point I was already having contractions every 5-6 minutes. Intense ones and getting more intense as they came. We fed the dogs and headed out to the hospital. The weather outside was PERFECT. There was a monsoon storm coming in and as we drove to the hospital, I just held Eric's hand and watched the lightening. In between contractions I was thinking of how much my life was about to change. This is really happening. Oddly enough I was fairly calm.
3:00 am-We arrive at the hospital. We finally get into triage and the nurse really enjoyed asking me questions as I was having contractions. It seemed as though they were taking forever. I mean come on! It's 3 am, I am the only one in here and you guys are sitting at your desk and talking about your weekend plans while I am in the other room in pain. Finally we were taken back to labor and delivery and within a half hour I had my epidural. (sigh) Such a relief!! And who said epidurals hurt?! It didn't even hurt in the slightest, it was fantastic. I was dilated to about a 4 at this point. So the nurse dimmed the lights and told us to relax. Eric and I were both so calm. It was just me and him and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. He fell asleep on the couch as I relaxed in the bed. I didn't actually fall asleep but it felt amazing to just lay there.
9:00 am-Nurse comes in and I am already dilated to about 9 1/2. So the doctor came in and said she has a c-section to go do but she should be back in an hour. Four hours later...
1:00 pm-Doctor still not done with surgery so the nurse comes in and has me start the pushing process.
1:20 pm-Doctor finally arrives and I am still in the pushing process. Legally Blond is playing on the TV and I am still feeling very calm. Once his head was poking out, my doctor and Eric were so surprised by how much hair he had so in between contractions they were giving him different hair do's. It was hilarious and a funny story to someday torment Brighton with in front of his friends! :)
1:44 pm: Welcome to the world my precious angel, Brighton Eric Harris! 7 lbs, 8 oz, 21 inches, full head of dark hair and the most beautiful little boy his daddy and I have ever seen! I loved him immediately and my first thought was how beautiful he was. As I was being "stitched", I couldn't help but stare at Eric as he stared at Brighton. He was so in love with him and seeing him that way just made me fall in love with him all over again.


The next few days were filled with family, friends and loved ones stopping by to meet our little man.
The day we got to go home, we came home to a spotless house, kitchen full of groceries, garage cleared out so we both can actually park in there and the lawn mowed. HUGE THANKS TO JOE, MARCENE & CAMERON. And another HUGE thanks to my mom, she was able to get here a few hours after B was born and has been the biggest help to us. We love you mom and don't know what we'd do without you! So here are some pictures from this past week with Brighton, in no particular order...






Goofy boy!

As you can see...everyone is doing very well. We are all happy, healthy and feeling completely blessed by this little man. Brighton has finally been able to meet all of his sisters as of today, Avery has been sick and we have yet to take any pictures of them all. They used to ask me every time I saw them when Brighton would be here, they would count down the weeks. Now that he's here they are totally in love with him and have been wanting to hold him and take pictures of him all the time. He's a lucky boy to have 3 wonderful big sissies.
I feel like my world is complete. Complete with all the worries and stresses of motherhood but most of all, complete with love. I am the luckiest woman. Brighton is perfect.I know every mom feels that way and I guess I have just jumped on that train. He never cries, started breastfeeding perfectly right from the start and loves to just be cuddled. Which is just fine with me because I plan to NEVER let him go...