It's still crazy for me to realize that I am now a mama of a one year old. People are constantly asking me how old B is and it takes me a minute each time to respond properly. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.
Every single detail.
There was a point, a few hours before he was born, that I kept thinking about his first birthday and what our lives would be like on that day.
Now that day has come and gone and it couldn't have been more different than what I had imagined it to be.Yet, it was still so perfect in every way.
This past year has been one of my hardest to date yet without a doubt the most beautiful. Brighton has been my rock. He has been, more than once, my only reason for wanting to get out of bed in the morning.
I don't think he will ever truly understand how grateful and in love with him I am.
I'm so glad that he chose me to be his mom.
I'm glad that he was able to spend his birthday with family, especially his dad. Eric left for Mexico to do charity dental work right after Brighton's birthday party. I know it was a challenge for him to be there but I am so glad that he was able to. And I know it will mean a lot to B to see pictures of him and his dad on his first birthday.
I think adults forget how exciting and fun birthday's are until they have kids. I, may or may not, have been more excited than Brighton was to open his presents.
It was such an amazing and unforgettable day and I can't wait to see what this next year brings us...
*I took about 9 billion pictures on his birthday and had to refrain myself from posting all of them. However, I will be posting more once we have his other party. Which I am so excited for. :)