5/9/10

The First Mother's Day

I was thinking that next year would be my first "real" Mother's Day, but I had a few people convince me otherwise. I am a mom whether my little man is here or not! So we decided to celebrate the holiday.

It actually started off as kind of a sad day, our little Rooster (see below) died this morning. We had really gotten attached to the little guy so it was kind of hard on me. I still get teary eyed when I think of it. He was such a sweet little bird. I know the odds weren't in his favor and he probably lived longer than he would have out in the wild by his own. It makes me feel better that the little guy got to be loved and apart of a family for 6 days. RIP little Rooster.

On a happier note:
We got our pregnancy pictures done today! My good friend Shannon took them for us. I am almost 7 months pregnant and I really wanted to get them done before it got too hot (and let's be serious, too huge). I had a hard time with my allergies but at least we weren't all sweating to death in this Arizona heat! She does such a beautiful job, I can't wait to see them! I will post as soon as I get them.

Check out her blog, she does AMAZING work: http://www.shayworleyphotography.blogspot.com/

Thanks Shannon! I love you!

Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful mothers out there! I am truly realizing what a true gift it is to be a mom.