5/7/10

Meet our baby!!

Baby quail that is! Yes, we have a bird now. He is a cute little guy! We have decided to name him Rooster because he has a nice little rooster hair do going on. You guys are probably wondering how we ended up with this little new addition. Story time:
So Tuesday night as we were leaving Eric's parents, headed to our first Birthing Class :) we pull out of their gate and start driving through the neighborhood and Eric suddenly screams blood murder, "STOP, STOP, STOP!" I'm pretty sure I looked at him like he was crazy for the sudden blurt out but I pulled over and watched him run back down the street, with his hands out, frantically trying to grab something. In my head at this point I was thinking, "...maybe something flew out of his car earlier today and he just saw it", "...maybe his parents bird got out of their house and he just saw it...". Very confused. So he runs back to the car with his hands cupping something and he just looks at me, smiles and says, "Look! A baby quail!" So we hurried back to his parents and he runs in and the first thing his mom say's is, "Bunny or Quail?" She knows her son very well I'd say! So we went off to our class and came home and have been taking care of this little guy ever since. We are in the middle of moving into our new house so people just look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them we now are trying to raise a little birdie, but he's a great addition to our growing family! Thanks to Eric's mom, who is an amazing photographer, we have some adorable pictures of the girls with their new baby bird, Rooster.

Poppy & the Roost


Avery & Rooster


Goldie & Roosty Roo


Rooster


(I still have no idea how he saw this little thing running down the street. It's the "hunters eyes" I suppose.)