I have gotten so much done these past few weeks and now I can say that I am pretty much ready for our little man to get here. His nursery is pretty much all done except for a few things I want to put on the wall. I am such a perfectionist that I am not going to post pictures until it's all finished!
My last doctors appointment I was already dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. She said he could come any time now! She was pretty positive that I won't make it to my due date...but don't worry all you mothers out there that have heard this before, I'm not getting my hopes up! Although, I have been having a lot of contractions lately, just nothing regular.
On another note, there are still some days that this doesn't feel real to me. Believe it or not, there are days where I forget that I am pregnant! Like today, Eric and I were sitting in a movie and the thought came over me that this could be our last movie we'll see for awhile. Pretty soon it won't be just me and him (and his girls when we get them). It's crazy to imagine how in just a few weeks, my life will never be the same and I will have an amazing son that I will get to raise, watch grow and experience his life with him. It's an amazing feeling. Kind of scary but a good scary. I feel so lucky to be his mommy already and I can't believe that these 9 months have gone by so quickly. I am so blessed. Bring on the unconditional kind of love known as motherhood...