5/11/11

The first Mother's Day
I woke up last Sunday morning before Brighton even woke up, which is rare, very very rare. There was no breakfast in bed, no "go back to sleep, I'll get up with him" and no massage booked for me at a local spa. But... there was Brighton. Sound asleep still and looking so sweet. I couldn't help but feel excited for him to wake up. I also couldn't help but realize that I didn't want any of those things that day. Sure, they'd be nice once in awhile, but all I wanted to do was spend the day with him. He is the reason why I am here and the reason why I am even allowed to "celebrate" Mother's Day. The day was cold and rainy (go figure) but was spent in church, with family and plenty of delicious food. It was a good day and one of the many "firsts" that I will never forget.

I am so blessed to be a mom. Brighton's mom.


 I did, however, receive two beautiful bouquets of my most favorite flower on my doorstep; one from Brighton's dad and one from "someone far away". I also received a sweet card from my amazing mom.