2/5/10

Peaceful Morning

So this morning started out as kind of a bad one, woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just wasn't feeling well. I got to work and left 5 minutes after because I realized I most likely have strep. I started driving and decided to have my mom call my uncle to call me in some meds. As I was waiting to see where I needed to pick them up I just happened to pull into the parking lot where a police officer was shot and killed last week. As I looked at the piles and piles of flowers, gifts, American flags and balloons, a peaceful feeling came over me. I just sat there and starred at the memorial made by this police officer's family, friends and even complete strangers. The parking lot was fairly empty besides some random landscaping workers pulling in and out. I noticed one who was by him self, get out of his truck and walk over to the memorial and bow his head. Pretty sure there were tears in my eyes at this point.


That small experience made my whole attitude for the day change. It's so important to show the ones we love, how much we love them all the time. You really never know when they could be taken away. Don't focus on the past or even the future. Just be present and let go of whatever you are angry, bitter or sad about. Because in the end, none of it really matters anyway. Just be happy with the ones you love.